Friday, June 1, 2012

You Are Berry Berry Special To Me



Hello Everyone!  As you may have noticed, I love to use Digital Design Papers on my cards. Unfortunately, my favorite Epson Printer gave out last week and I now have to use another Epson All In One Printer that I have.  The colors are not printing the same as my favorite printer use to do, so I've been trying to play with the settings. Until I get the colors right, I had to go through my stash of Design Papers to look for some papers to use for the upcoming cards I need to make.  I came across the Doodlebug Design Papers that I used on this card. I've been saving it in my stash for a while now, thinking someday I would use it for something special! I think that is why I like Digi Design Papers so much. You can print them over and over again in any size you want them to be in.


For my card, I used Doodlebug Berry Pink and Cupcake Swiss Dots Design Papers. Berry Tilda was stamped on Cryogen White Card Stock and colored using Alcohol Markers, Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  For the scalloped frame, I used Hot Off The Press Scalloped Frames Template. I traced and cut the 4" one and then matted it with green card stock.

For the frame that Tilda is sitting on, I used 6" wide Scor Tape, lace that I found at JoAnns, The Art Institute Glitter #87 Hot Kiss  and Sizzix #655028 Frame #2 Die.  You first stick the Scor Tape on a piece of  white card stock. Then you place the lace on top of it and add the glitter. Once that is done, you can die cut it into any shape. I saw this technique demonstrated at a local stamp convention.  The glitter doesn't show up very well on the photo, but it looks really pretty in person.

For the "You are Berry Berry Special" saying, I used a Studio G Stamp that I found at Michaels. It was traced and cut out using Hot Off The Press 15 Lovely Labels Mini Bracket Label. The little strawberry is from a Japanese Sticker Set that I received from a very sweet friend. The doily and the lace is from my stash.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and All Natural Accents. For the flourishes, I used a die from Bosskut.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


I'm entering this card in the Wild Orchid Crafts Week 51 - Eyes Down For Bingo Challenge - Ribbon and Lace, Flowers and Pink

Big Hugs,

Suzan


28 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beutiful card, Susan. Love the layering and the cute laced frame you made. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Cami said...

This is gorgeous, Suzan, That doily is lovely and I love the lace frame you made. As always, your coloring is beautiful, and I love the sentiment...just like you...you are berry, berry special! Have a wonderful weekend!

Big Hugs,
Cami

Christina C. said...

Good morning, Suzan! What a gorgeous frame you created for this sweet Tilda...totally stunning! Beautiful doily and lovely papers makes this an extraordinarily stunning card!

cathylynn said...

Your card is berry berry sweet and you have used gorgeous colors. Wonderful details too!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sandy said...

I love the way you have framed Miss Tilda in all her glorious surroundings!
Sandy

Cathy Lee said...

Sweet card, Suzan. Love that hot pink. Tilda is so cute sitting on that adorable frame. Nice idea!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

So very pretty! : )

Patti Jo said...

Adorable Suzan!!! Love the lace frame, thanks for the info. Sweet card with the pretty pink and green combo!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card Suzan. If you don't mention, I couldn't tell they are digital DP. The coloring is gorgeous. Fun lacey frame and the design is totally awesome on this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elle said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love everything about it.

June Nelson said...

Suzan this is stunning hunnie and what beautiful colours you have used, just gorgeous darlin xxxxxxxxxxx

Norma said...

Suzan, gorgeous card. I haven't seen this Tilda for quite a while. Beautifully coloured and wonderful colour scheme. Love your embellishments--the die cut and that doilie is to die for.
Hugs,
Norma

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, I love the frame for Tilda to sit on, very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Suzan, I do love these shades of pink bery bery much! tilda is very pretty, love this cute frame with tulle, and all the lovely layerings. thank you so much for your visit and kind words on my blog! Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Absolutely beautiful work! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my Blog with such a much appreciated lovely comment. Judy x

Suzi Mac said...

This is so very pretty Suzan, I love how you've sat Tilda on the frame. Your papers, embellishments and sentiment are just perfect.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rene said...

This is gorgeous! I love the frame you made for Tilda...who is just sweetness itself! Fantastic with the green swirls...they really pop against the pink!
Rene :D

Peggie said...

Love the pinks. Tilda looks great sitting in her lace frame.

Candy said...

Hi Suzan,
Great frame!!! Love all the pinks :o)
My favourite colour.
Great card.
Big hugs, Candy

Karen said...

Very pretty card! I love all the pink.

Karen

Klare said...

Great card. Lovely colours would brighten even the cloudest day. Like the lace frame idea, will give this a try some time
klare
:O)
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzan! What a gorgeous card! I love the pink and green color combination. So pretty and screams summer to me. Tilda looks gorgeous sitting in the frame. Beautiful work dear! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Angela

Jean said...

Wow Suzan, glad to see someone finally using the older Tilda for a change.. Was getting afraid the older ones were out and the new ones were the only ones to use.. I personally love this Tilda and you have done her justice with you coloring and the lace around her frame!! A beautiful summery card.
Hugs, Jean

Elise said...

HI Suzan! What a gorgeous creation .. love all the pinks .. one of my most favorite colors! :) And Tilda looks as pretty as can be sitting in that beautiful frame.

Hugs,
Elise

Pam said...

Adorable card Suzan. Love your coloring!!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Victoria said...

this is so sweet, thank you for visiting my blog x

Dawn said...

Hi Suzan, Gorgeous card - your frame is awesome! Love the bright summery papers, and I think this card definitely qualifies as something special:)

Hugs, Dawn

Pam Sparks said...

Berry-licious sweet Suzan! Adorable coloring and designing for this cute Tilda!
Pretty doily! What brand is it if you don't mind sharing! I've tried digi papers a few times but I don't plan far enough in advance...ugh...down to the wire I have to go with some from a pile! lol It'd be so awesome to have 250 feet of counter space so I could leave everything out in stations! lol Really dreaming today, aren't I! TFS Suzan!