Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Treat Or Treat For Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Inspiration Challenge


 

 
Hello Everyone! It's that time again for another Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Inspiration Challenge. The challenge is being hosted by the talented Cathy Lee. For this inspiration challenge, Cathy Lee has chosen this Spooktacular Halloween Photo.




 
 
 
I hope that you will join in on this fun challenge! All you need to do is use a Magnolia Image and some elements from the inspiration photo. Your entry will give you an opportunity to be the winner of a Special Surprise Gift from Magnolia-licious, the best place to shop for Magnolias and many other wonderful things. Diana has the new A Christmas Story Collection  in stock and is offering  a 17% discount off the regular price! They are all so cute! And, Diana is also offering a Christmas Bundle of 16 Mini Stamps at 17% off, perfect for all those Christmas tags for the gifts and goodies that you will be giving out this holiday season.
 
 
 
For my card, I used The Bewitched Matstack from DCWV.  I love the scroll work and witch that is on the paper. Tilda With Pumpkin, from Magnolia-licious, was stamped on Cryogen White Card Stock and was colored partly using Alcohol Markers, Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I paper pieced Tilda's outfit using Digital Design Papers from Echo Park - Trick & Treats Paper Pack #1.  I used Cats and Bats Clear Stamp Set from Inkadinkado to stamp the flourishes that frame Tilda. The Glitter Pumpkin Sticker Border, Spider and the Black Rhinestones are from Recollections. The Black Berries, Leaves, Black Glitter Ribbon and Black Glitter Paper are from Joann Craft and Fabric. The "trick or treat" was stamped using a Studio G Clear Stamp. The Flowers are from my stash.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also made another card using the Mini Tilda With Pumpkin, from Magnolia-licious. The card measures 2 3/4" x     3 3/4",  just the perfect size to send along with some Halloween treats. For this card, I used Digital Design Paper from Echo Park - Trick & Treats Paper Pack #1 and Happy Halloween Journal & Element Tags. The Bat is from Recollections.
 
 
My one year blogging anniversary is coming up soon. I can't believe it has almost been a year already. I'll be back next Tuesday to celebrate it with some blog candy for one of my followers.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog! I appreciate all the wonderful comments that you leave for me! I hope you take a moment to visit the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see all the gorgeous cards that my teammates have created!!

 
I can't wait to see the cards that you create for this challenge!
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Big Hugs,
Suzan



31 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Suzan, what a beautiful cards. Love the warm colours. I don't have anything with Halloween, so probably won't join this one. Regards, Helen

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Suzan!
what a darling card. I love these older maggie stamps. super background and lovely colouring. the flowers look great.
Hugs maz

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Suzan, such a lovely halloween card, I love the glittery pumpkins and this so cute Tilda, the old ones have a charm, I am nostalgic about LOL I love that one very much. Hugs.

Cathy Lee said...

Susan, these are both darling. I love how you paper pieced Tilda's dress and shoes. So adorable! Your sweet mini card is fabulous. Love the papers and sparkly pumpkins. So Halloween festive.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Sharon Caudle said...

They both gorgeous Suzan!! Tilda is so cute and all ready for trick or treating! Beautfiul trims and love the sparkly jack-o-lantern border! LOVE how you're paper pieced her outfit! The papers are perfect!!
hugs, Sharon

Monique said...

Beautifull cards Suzan !

Hugs Monique

Christina C. said...

Stunning cards, Suzan!!!! I love seeing the older Tildas. Great colors and fabulous details! Love the paper piecing....so cute!

Karen said...

So very beautiful! You did an amazing job! : )

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous cards Suzan! Beautiful coloring and designing! I'm not much on Halloween but Tilda is so sweet, that I had to comment and so are you! : )

Candy said...

Hi Suzan,
You're cards are as sweet as can be!
Love the pretty orange colours you have used.
Both "girls" are beautifully coloured.
The paper on your first card is awesome - I thought you had some great dies and wondered where they were from LOL LOL. Like the spider and great flower creation.
Tiny card is adorable.
Big Hugs, Candy

Cami said...

A double treat for us today! Wow Suzan, I love BOTH of your cards...they are so cute! That DP with the witch and cat and the scroll work is gorgeous! Now isn't Tilda's outfit the cutest with the little bats on her sleeves and cute polka dot dress! Your second card is so cute using the mini Tilda! Great layout for this tiny Tilda and lovely embellishments from your HUGE stash LOL!

Love and Hugs,
Cami

Sheri said...

Oh my!! Suzan! I totally adore your paper piecing on this and speaking of paper Love, love, LOVE you paper on this! The witch background paper is so PERFECT!

Karen said...

Your card is awesome! I love all the details and the pumpkin trim is spooktacular.

Karen

Elise said...

HI Suzan! OoOh this is just so BEAUTIFUL! I love all the paper piecing you did .. amazing! And I'm not sure if that's the paper or a die cut .. but the witch on the broomstick is PERFECT for this!!! Love it!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Unknown said...

Wow wee this is just so special!!!! Vibrant colors on both and the coloring is just spectacular!!!!! Wow stunning work my friend!!!!!

Kelly said...

Two gorgeous designs and the first one is is my favorite, I love her dress!! I love the scrollwork too and the spider and pumpkins are cute with Tilda.
The second one is cute as ever for the little treat bags.I love the glitter and the trick or treat writing. Both of these are a perfect inspiration.

Paula said...

Oh Suzan!! I love them both and the DP on the first one is awesome....works perfectly with Ms Tilda. Wonderful!!

Linda Palmer said...

Stunning card. Beautiful coloring and design. Love her dress and your beautiful flowers.

cabio's craft corner said...

These cards are so very cute and adorable Suzan. The designs are lovely and those DCWV dp are fun!!! What a great idea doing a smaller one along with treats :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

June Nelson said...

Hello sweetie this is beautiful, such rich colours, love it and love the layout too big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

Elizabeth said...

Fab card, Suzan! Love the colors and the gorgeous design. Love what you did with her dress, too. Hugs, Elizabeth

Gunilla/Nilla said...

You never stop to amaze me with your stunning cards. Always so much work picking out the perfect details and coloring the images in such a wonderful way.

Magnificent work sweetie!

Big hugs for you/Gunilla

Rene said...

This is AWESOME! Love it!
Rene :D

Ellen said...

It's a beauty! Just love these wonderful orange colours.

groetjes, Ellen

Norma said...

Stunningly gorgeous cards, Suzan. Love the paper piecing you did on the larger card. Exquisite design of the black silhouette borders.
Hugs,
Norma

Jacque said...

OMG what darling cards...Suzan, the details that you use on your cards are PERFECTION!!!! And your cards are so much more beautiful in real life!!! A picture just cannot capture all of the minute details that you put into them!!! Big hugs...Jacque

Chris said...

I love both cards, Suzan! The papers are wonderful. The scroll print on the upper one is fantastic! I just love what you have included on each. These cards are a real Halloween treat!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Anonymous said...

I love the orange and black, the papers are perfect, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Eulanda said...

Aww Suzan this is so sweet! One way to use your older images and I wish I actually had one myself. Any of the older Halloween ones!! Love that pumpkin border and silhouette on that paper! Oh and you paper-pieced!! Pierced? Whatever that looks good too! LOL! Have a great week!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Suzan! Love the design and gorgeous halloween colors. Awesome papers and I love how you paper pieced Tilda's outfit! hugs, Angela

Sonia said...

Terrific card dearest creative:) I love love love it:)
Sonia