Friday, May 18, 2012

Love Is In The Air For Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge



Hello Everyone! I'm sorry that I  haven't posted a card in awhile, but my Mother-in-law,
Suzanne Ruth Galle Laverty, passed away the end of April. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at 26 and lived with it for 48 years.  Throughout her life, her faith in God was strong.  She was always grateful and felt very blessed.  I can't tell you how much she will be missed.


Today at Just Magnolia and hAnglar and stAnglar Challenge, we are being hosted by the very talented  Jacque.  She has created this wonderful sketch for us to use.




I hope that you will join in on this fun challenge! Your entry will give you an opportunity to be the winner of this week's wonderful prize from Jacobi NL.


For my card, I have rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left.  I have used My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody Design Papers. Rose Scent Tilda, from Magnolia-licious, was stamped on Cryogen White Card Stock and colored using Alcohol Markers, Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  For the frame that Tilda is sitting on, I used Hot Off The Press Layered Labels Template. After tracing and cutting out Fancy Label A, I stamped it using Sandylion French Impressions Clear Stamp Set and then added pearls from Hero Arts. The "LOVE" was stamped using Impression Obsession WP-17 Sentiments II Clear Stamp Set. This a great set to have, because it has all sorts of words that you can combine or use separately. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, Recollections, and All Natural Accents. The lace is from my stash.


Thank you for stopping by to visit me! I'll be by to visit your blogs soon! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Big Hugs,
Suzan

26 comments:

Cami said...

So sweet and lovely! Oh Suzan, you have colored Tilda beautifully and the DPs are the perfect match with all the roses and flowers! I like the die-cut shape you used to mat Tilda on, and the pretty crochet lace on the bottom. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Cami

Christina C. said...

Hi Suzan! So very sorry to read of your recent loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Your card is absolutely adorable...such happy colors and fabulous details surround this adorable Tilda. Beautiful work!

Ellen said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. You have my condolences.
I love your card, pretty colours and great lay-out.

groetjes, Ellen

Peggie said...

What a sweet card. Love the colors. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Chris said...

Hi Susan,

Your card is wonderful. I love those papers! Your Tilda and flower cluster are perfect! I am so very sorry for your loss. Your MIL was so lucky to have the years she did with an illness as nasty as MS. Blessings to you and yours!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful card Suzan! You did a great job with the sketch and I love your color choices! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your MIL. Sounds as though the Lord kept His hand on her with great faithfulness through all those years. Blessings to you and the family!
Hugs...Barb <><

Pam Sparks said...

So sorry Suzann! Glad to read she was a believer! Take care!

Beautiful Tilda coloring and such cute creating! Adorable card!

Cathy Lee said...

Tilda is adorable, Suzan. I love your DPs and gorgeous flowers surrounding her. Lovely card.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

Very pretty , love the flowers and die cuts, beautifully done
hugs julie P

Candy said...

Bright and happy colours in your card, Suzan. Love the cut out you made for Tilda to sit on :o)
Tilda is beautiful.
Glad to know you are feeling up to making cards again.
Love, Candy

Kelly said...

How cute, love the paper and design together, Tilda looks great! beautiful card

Sandy said...

Your design work, your coloring and gorgeous paper - all go together like a beautiful dance!
Absolutely beautiful!!
Sandy

cabio's craft corner said...

Suzan, so glad to see your creation again. Love the bright and cheerful coloring and lovely DP you picked on this card. The sweet flowers and lovely colored Tilda is wonderful. Beautiful card and it certainly a card that can brighten up anyone :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Lovely card, so pretty, great layout design. Sorry to hear about your loss, sending prayers for you and your family.
Blessings, Doreen

Unknown said...

Stunning card I love the colours that you chosen.
Gorgeous embellishments.
Francy

June Nelson said...

Suzan me darlin this is so pretty and colourful, just goreous lovely lady xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Another beauty Suzan! Just love the pretty papers and how everything is so color coordinated with the flowers and pretty coloring of Tilda. Lovely work sweetie! hugs, Angela

Laura said...

This is a beautiful card from top to bottom. Love how you colored Tilda. So sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Laura C.

Karen said...

Your card is gorgeous! You did an awesome job with the design, your choice of paper and color. So sorry about your loss.

Karen

Sylvia said...

So sorry for your loss Suzan. Your card is gorgeous. I Love your DP's. I have just made a card wit the same LOL. Also the frame around Tilda is beautiful.
xxx Sylvia

Suzi Mac said...

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Suzan. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. Your card is utterly adorable sweetie.
Hugs
Suzi x

Diana Crick said...

Suzan this is *perfection*. You have chosen the most perfect papers to showcase her lovely self. The lace is a great added touch. I just LOVE this card.
hugs, Diana

Linda Palmer said...

Love your card, beautiful colors and coloring on a delightful card.

cathylynn said...

Suzan you created this card with love! WOW it's gorgeous!! Wonderful coloring and great details. I'sm sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest Sympathy to you and your family. My sister was just diagnosed with MS. She is 56 and I hope she will do as well as your loved one.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Laura said...

It's me again. I have a little something for you on my blog. :)

www.outinthecraftshed.blogspot.com

♥ Laura C.

Sharon Caudle said...

So adorable, Suzan! The papers you used are perfect with this adorable Tilda and your coloring is beautiful!! Love that frame you placed her in too!! Beautiful!
hugs, Sharon